Playlist.com is not the most popular tumblr music widgets, but it does offer a much bigger track library than most of them and is easy to add to your blog as well.
These players are not for minimalist tumblr blogs though, but can be customized to make them small enough to fit your sidebar.
How To Add a Playlist from Playlist.com on Tumblr
- Register an account with playlist.com.
- Once you are logged-in and have verified your account go to the playlist.com’s homepage again and start looking for songs or bands that you want to include in your tumblr playlist by using the search bar.
- Once the search results appear, begin selecting the tracks by clicking on the plus icon, each song has one, the tune will be automatically added to your playlist.
- Now, on the same page, take a look at the right sidebar, you might need to scroll down to see it, but your playlist is there and should contain all songs previously selected. Click on EMBED, located on the bottom right corner of that playlist.
- A pop-up window will appear, where you can choose to Autostart, Shuffle and customize the skins of your playlist widget. After you are done with those options, click on GET CODE.
- Now click on the EMBED CODE field, the full playlist code from playlist.com will be copied.
- You will sure need to modify the size of the playlist widget before you add it to your tumblr blog. So paste the code you just grabbed to a notepad and change the width and height parameters to dimensions you consider good for your sidebar (Ctrl+F to find them). You might also want to get rid of some extra code that the music widget doesn’t need at all, like the links at the end of the snippet.
- Go To Customize Theme >> Paste the code in your description box >> Save >> Close.