How to make money with Tumblr?. The answer is easy, place ads, using one or more of the online advertising companies that allow advertisers to put ads in your Tumblelog. Luckily, Tumblr allows its users to make their blog profitable. But first things first, before you can start placing ads and making money with your blog, pay attention to the following tips;
Before You Start Making Money with Tumblr.
- Make sure you have enough visitors in a daily basis in your blog. I can’t give you an exact number, as that depends on the quality of your readership. Your followers are a sign of your importance, but that doesn’t mean they are all visiting your tumblelog. You need to track your visitors to have an exact number.
- If you started yesterday, just don’t do it; What I mean is that you will probably get rejected by all the ad networks and you should focus in increasing your readers first.
- Get a nice Tumblr Theme: Yes, the better the design the more money you will make with Tumblr, it happens with everything in life. Besides a professional looking site is more likely to get approved than an ugly one.
- No Porn: If you are one of those that likes to mix nude posts with product review posts, ads are not for you, you will get a ban instantly. And in case you are a 100% porn post publisher, there are also ad networks exclusively dedicated to the adult audience.
- Don’t Bother Your Users With Ads: If you are planning to flood every single inch of your Tumblr with Ads, you are heading in the wrong direction, this only upsets your readers and random visitors.
Tumblr Ad Networks to Begin With.
These are just the first Ad Networks that you can begin with to start making money since their approval process is easy and they are the ones with the broadest advertiser customers out there:
- Google Adsense: This is everyone’s favorite. Google Ad Network for publishers will be the first and not so easy to replace Ads.
- Adbrite: In case you get rejected by Google (follow the tips above so you can avoid this) Adbrite will always welcome your site here. It’s highly likely you will need 4 times the amount of visitors to make the same amount of money that with Adsense.
- Amazon: If you do products or stuff review, this network is for you. Since you can place affiliate links in your posts, you can get a chunk of the purchase if there’s a succesful item sold after the click.
- Friend Finder: I guess that according to the user type in Tumblr, Friend Finder could be a huge money maker.
These are the Ad Companies to begin with. Of course there are many affiliate programs outthere that you might find suitable for your Tumblr. Bu all in all this is more than enough if you just start to make money with Tumblr.
NOTE: This Tumblr Tip is not intended to show you how to actually embed the ads code into your Tumblr HTML, or the best place to insert it. It is meant to be an introductory post to learn how to make money with Tumblr using the various online advertising agencies available to any person that owns a Tumblelog with enough visitors, in quantity or quality, to make at least a few dollars per day.