If you want to find out what your Tumbl Traffic stats are, like knowing the number of daily visits your Tumblr receives, where they come from, and what keywords were used in google to find it. The good news is that this tracking toolis used also by big companies and allows you to see detailed statistics about your Tumblr readers. Check the following guide to add google analytics tracker to your Tumblr account and get an accurate report of your visitors.
How to Track number of Visitors on Tumblr.
- First of all, sign up for a Google Analytics account (you need to create a gmail account if you dont have one yet)
- Now you need to fill in the field with your Tumblr adress (yourtumblelog.tumblr.com)
- Next screen will ask you to put your name and country.
- You must agree with the terms of service before creating the new account
- Now you can see the google analytics code that needs to be pasted into your Tumblr. Some themes already include some part of the tracking code, and you would only need to copy and paste the account ID, which looks like this UA-12346078-4. IMPORTANT: Do not close this page.
- Let’s find out if your theme in particular allows you to track your visitors through Analytics. Go to customize, choose appereance and verify if there’s a field called Google Analytics ID, if the answer is yes, then paste your own account ID there. Then save and close
- If the answer to step 6 was no, then we must copy the whole code the Analytics provides and paste it within your theme HTML in order to properly see the number of visits your blog gets.
- Go to customize > Theme > Use Custom HTML
- With Crtl+F in your browser, search for </head>. You need to paste the tracking code just above this line. Then save and close.
How to Check your Tumblr Visitor Stats.
- You need to wait until the next morninig to check for updated visitor statistics. Go to the analytics page again an enter your account.
- You will see your site as an account, click on it, after that click on View Report.
That’s it, start exploring all features to find out every detail about your Tumblr Statistics. Needless to say, this tracker tools won’t tell you what tumblr user is visiting your blog.