Ever received constant anonimous messages on your tumblr inbox account and need to track their IP address in order to find out whether they could actually be within your own city or from someone you might know?. Then check out this tutorial.
Thanks to sitemeter, to trace tumblr anonimous messages is easier than ever.
How To Trace Tumblr IP Addresses from Anonimous Messages
- Go to Sitemeter.com, create an account, and after you activate the account, make a new statistic meter.
- After filling in the details suchs as blog url, name and such, SAVE and go to statistics and then click on the left sidebar, on HTML Code.
- Copy the HTML Code and go back to your tumblr blog Customize Appereance and paste the sitemater tracker script in your description box. Save and Close
- Now, make a test yourself and ask something being anonimous. This is just to see that the tumblr IP tracker for anonimous messages actually work.
- Go back to your sitemeter account, into your specific statistic meter for your tumblr account
- On the left sidebar, you will see an option called Recent Visitors, click on the sub menu option “By Location”.
- This will bring up the complete list of visitors, displayed by location. Now, in order to identify the exact IP address that left you that anonimous message, you should be almost at the same time in your tumblr account and see your inbox icon go red, otherwise, it will be difficult to find out who was it among the latest visitors.
- Click on the number right next to the visitor you are interested in and it will display Domain Name, IP Address, Country, City, Operating System, How long they were in your blog, what url they clicked to get to your blog
- As we said above, if you are really annoyed because you are receiving constant anonimous messages that you want to track, you will have to monitor your tumblr account all the time until you receive it, in that same instant, check the visitor details at sitemeter.