For all those Tumblr users with their own Pinterest account, that want to show off their pinterest pictures to other fellow tumblrs, a pinterest widget for Tumblr can be easily added to your tumblr sidebar by using some free RSS Feed plugins.
Don’t worry if yet have to find the pinterest rss of the board you are interest to put in your tumblr theme, below there are some examples.
Do not mistake this with integrating Pinterest and Tumblr, with the method mentioned in that post, you will be able to automatically get your pinterest pins published in your Tumblr Blog as photo posts.
How To Add a Pinterest Widget for Tumblr
- You first need to create the Pinterest Widget before embedding it to your Tumblr blog. Go to widgetbox rss feed widget creator.
- Enter your Pinterest RSS Feed URL, it can be your user feed or a board feed, check the examples below and replace them with your details:
- Click on make Widget and start customizing your Pinterest Widget for Tumblr, Colors, Fonts, Width, etc.
- Another site where your can create a Pinterest Plugin for Tumblr is rssinclude.com , it pretty much works the same way as WidgetBox does, but it doesn’t have as many customization options as the widget creator mentioned above
- Go to Customize Theme >> Edit HTML >> Paste the Pinterest Widget Code whenever you feel like. You can also use it in your description box.