Tumblr folks usually have the wrong concept of “Tagged Pages” on Tumblr. Firs of all, Pages per se are static, they don’t pull up posts, and they cannot be tagged
However, what tumblr users usually mean by Tumblr Tag Pages is simply pages created with the sole purpose of redirecting visitors to see all posts with a specific tag
Check the tutorial below and red carefully to learn how to add a tagged page to tumblr.
How To Create a Tumblr Blogroll in a Page
- Click on the Blog you are interested to add a tagged page to (in case you have more than one) by selecting it from the list at the top of your dashboard, or, if you have multiple tumblr blogs, by selecting from the list icon that is also located at the top menu in your dashboard.
- Click on Customize Theme, located on the right sidebar.
- Now, on the left sidebar, scroll down until you find the option PAGES. (make sure to actually scroll down on the sidebar, and not the preview theme).
- Click on Add a Page.
- Now, in the Page URL field, CREATE and type-in a page url, you can use a single word, or multiple words followed by dashes (check the screenshot below)
- Type-in a Name in the field Page Title
- From the dropdown menu that shows by default “Standard Layout”, choose “Redirect”
- In the Redirect To field, you need to add the tagged posts url path. Below you have three examples, one with one word only, and other two with a tag made by several words. Remember, you are pointing to this tagged posts url because they already exist, and you’ve been tagging posts with a certain tag.
- Click on “Show a Link to This Page
- Click on Create Page
- Click on Save Page
- Click on Save
tagged/widgets tagged/blue-cupcakes tagged/small-blue-widgets
What if the Tumblr “Tagged Page” link doesn’t appear?
In that case, it means that your theme is not designed to show page links this way, so you will need to do it manually.
- Go To Customize Theme
- Paste in the description, the following code, that is actually a simple link, but, of course, replace TAG with the tags you are interested in showing, and replace USERNAME with your blog’s name
- You can also place this link whenever you want inside your theme.
<a href="http://USERNAME.tumblr.com/tagged/TAG-TAG-TAG">TAGGED PAGE NAME</a>