The main reason why Soundcloud is so popular amongst tumblr users is because both sites are highly integrated, and with just a couple of clicks and no need of adding any code, you can get your soundcloud songs published as an audio post.
You may also opt to get a soundcloud player with an entire playlist added in your sidebar as well.
Check our tutorials below that tell you multiple ways to embed a soundcloud track/widget on Tumblr.
Quickest Way To Embed a Soundcloud Song to Tumblr
- Go to your Soundcloud account (or any public Soundcloud account by going to http://soundcloud.com/username) and click on the “Share” Button
- Now click on the Tumblr Button
- A post edition screen will pop up, the post will always be publihed as an audio post, you can resize the window if you cannot see the “create post” button.
- Soundcloud is not recommended at all when using popular/copyrighted songs, since their system automatically detects and blocks the uploaded track from getting published.
How To Add a Soundcloud Track in your Tumblr Sidebar
- Following the first 2 steps given above, go to your/another person track and click on share.
- From the drop down menu, click on the Embed Code field and Ctrl+C
- Now, in your Tumblr Account go to Customize Theme >> And paste the code in your description box
- If the soundcloud widget does not display at all in your Tumblr Sidebar, then you should try inserting it by going to Edit HTML.
- Customizing your Soundcloud Widget for Tumblr: right next to the embed code field, there’s a button that says “Edit your Widget”, once you click on it and you will get the edition window that let’s you choose not only the extension color, but also check the box that sets the track on autoplay.
SoundCloud Playlists on Tumblr?
The procedure to add a Soundcloud Player to Tumblr is exactly the same as adding a single soundtrack both as an audio post or embedding it in your Tumblr layout as a widget, the only difference is that you need to get the playlist from the “sets” tab instead of “Tracks”.
Can You Get Someone else’s Soundcloud Track from Tumblr?
- Right Click on the tumblr page where you can see the track/playlist, click on View Source
- Search within the source window for “soundcloud.com”
- Once you find it, select the code snippet that wraps the widget, starting and ending with iframe tags.
How To Download Soundcloud Music from Tumblr
- Following the same procedure written above to find the source code of other people’s tracks, once you find the code, get the url that looks like the one below, and paste it in a new browser window, give it a few seconds to load, and after that, you should see a “download” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- If the download option is not available, then you should try with Firefox extensions like Download Helper to get those soundcloud tracks from tumblr.