When you follow a large group of people it is difficult to watch all posted videos at one time, and if you truly like one, you sure want to keep it and save it to enjoy it later. Downloading videos from Tumblr is easy when you just have a YouTube or Vimeo video, since there are some many free online downloaders outhere, but when it comes to video clips or other type of media uploaded to Tumblr itself, it’s a bit more complicated. To get all the videos you want, you need to have Firefox installed along with an Addon called VideoDownloadHelper.
How to Download Videos from Tumblr.
- Get the Addon right here. After the installation restart Firefox.
- Be sure to select the specific post in order to get the Tumblr Video. (find the permaling first). If the feed or Tumblelog is full of media, you might just get a bunch of links and be difficult to find the right one for the clip.
- Start playing the video (doesn’t matter if it comes from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe Vimeo or Tumblr itself)
- You will see that DownloadHelper Icon will start moving (located right next to the address bar).
- Click on the Dropdown Menu on the right side of the icon, If you are positioned in the post itself you will probably see just one link, click on it and download it.
- You will probably get an mp4 format. I recomment using VLC Media Player.
You can also download music from Tumblr with this Firefox Addon, though there are plugins that have more options to handle songs.