That is why always wise to backup your tumblr blog, specially before your tumblr blog gets suspended without previous notice.
But bear in mind, that media such as music or images will have to be download using different tools from those featured here, but don’t worry, we also have tutorials for that.
How To Save Your Tumblr Blog To Your Computer (Mac or Windows)
Before you start backing up your Tumblr blog using the tools mentioned below, we suggest you first save images, music and videos separately, since these media won’t be downloaded most of the time. Luckily we have our own guides that give you a detailed explanation of which programs and web tools to use.
- How To Download All Images from Your Tumblr Blog
- How To Download Videos from Your Tumblr Blog
- How To Download Music from Tumblr
This tumblr app works in all systems, since it’s a web app. The process to backup a tumblr blog with this tool is very simple, just visit the page and enter the desired subdomain you’d like downloaded and saved to your computer (Windows, Mac it works the same). Backup Jammy will basically create an HTML file.
- Go to Backup Jammy.
- Enter Your Tumblr Subdomain
- Just leave options as they are
- If you have thousands of posts, it will take a while, just wait until the page stops loading, if you scroll down and nothing new shows up, that means the 1st step has finished
- Right click on any part of the page and choose “Save Page As”, give it a name and save your tumblr blog to a save location in your computer.
NOTE: The good thing is that you will have all your code intact, you won’t need to reformat it again. The bad side is that so far, there’s no tumblr uploader for the saved file, it needs to be manually.
Tumblr Backup for MAC
This tool is different from Jammy mainly because is only available for MAC and also because is a desktop program, not an app. The result is pretty much the same though, the final output is an html file that you can save in your computer, creating an exact copy of your all your tumblr posts.
- Download the desktop program here.
- Open it and run it, simply entering your subdomain should do it.