Grooveshark remains the most popular widget music player for Tumblr. Given that it has almost every song and album track you ever heard of, for free, it’s obviously the first choice for Tumblr users when adding music playlists (autoplay or not) on their tumblr blogs.
Even though grooveshark widgets have been there for quite a while, the way you obtain the grooveshark playlist code has changed a bit.
Follow the tutorial below to learn how to create a Tumblr Grooveshark Widget.
How to Put a Grooveshark Music Widget Player on Tumblr
- Go to grooveshark and create an sign up for an account (this way you will be able to save your playlists and create new ones.)
- Create the playlist you want to include in Grooveshark Widget for Tumblr. IMPORTAN: Click on save changes and make sure you are not selecting any song after that. No track should be highlighted
- Click on SHARE and then, from the pop up menu, choose MORE (green icon). After that, click on EMBED.
- Now, Choose Width, Height and Color for the widget [you can manually edit the plugin if you want to]
- Copy the Grooveshark Widget EMBED CODE
- Paste the Grooveshark Player in the description box or whenever you want within your theme’s HTML, between the opening and closing body tag. Since all themes are different among each other, I cannot tell you specifically where, just try until you are satisfied with the plugin positioning.
- Check our own Tumblr Grooveshark Widget on autoplay at mrtumblring.tumblr.com
How to Make Grooveshark Widget Player Autoplay on Tumblr?
How do you actually set the player to be an automatic playlist or no?
- Check your Grooveshark Widget Code and look for six consecutive letters followed by =0 (e.g. 666666&p=0, check the screenshot below). Change both 0s for 1s