We’ve previously written how you can automatically publish your formspring updates to tumblr. However, you can now also add a formspring widget box to your tumblr theme so your followers don’t even have to leave the site in order to ask any question.
You can also replace the regular Ask Me tumblr page for a formspring ask page.
The tutorials, after the jump.
How To Add Formspring Widget Box for Tumblr
- Go here, and choose the formspring box that best suits your needs. Make sure you are logged in to your formspring account first.
- Customize the widget (background color, fonts, size, etc.)
- Copy the formspring embed code.
- Now go to Tumblr, Go To Customize >> Paste the formspring widget in your description box, and Save.
- You can also insert the formspring code into your theme, but you will have to make a trail and error until the box fits properly.
How To Add Formspring to your Tumblr Ask Box
You’ve probably seen some tumblr blogs that actually have an ask box that takes you not to the regular ask me page, but to a formpring ask box (always within Tumblr). This is how you do it.
- Go To Customize >> Add a Page
- Create a url (any extension is valid except for /ask).
- Give the Page a Title
- Check the Show a Link to this Post
- Paste the Embed Code by clicking EDIT HTML in the page editing window.
- Click on Create Page and Save.