We bet you’ve find the “answered” label in lots of posts and you are still wondering how replying to posts work, specially after Tumblr’s latest redesign. It turns out that there are several aspects to allow other people answer your posts or the other way around, your account being able to reply to questions from other users.
Activate Replies For Your Posts
- Go to Settings
- Choose the Tumblr Blog that you want to activate answers
- In the Replies section check
“Allow replies from people you follow” and “Allow replies from people following you for more than two weeks”
- Notice that people YOU DO NOT FOLLOW or PEOPLE that follow you for less than Two Weeks cannot answer. This is the main reason you cannot reply to any given post in Tumblr, you need to have some sort of previous connection.
Creating Tumblr Questions and Letting People Reply
Questions can be considered some sort of sub-post type.
- You need to add a question mark at the end of the title. As soon as you add the question mark, the field “Let people answer this” will show up. Check it and EVERYBODY will be able to answer that question.
- If someone replies to one of my posts, how do I then reply to them?
- Can’t reply to random posts, Why?
- You do not need special HTML code or any type of script to let people reply to your posts, the problem is not in the theme but in the settings.
- how do you respond to people commenting on your text posts?
- If you just can’t find the chat icon to reply to a post, just reblog it and add a comment. This comment will end up showing in the same streamline where replies are shown, that is at the bottom of the post.
The only way to reply to replies is by using Missing-E extension, available for Firefox and Chrome, the option will not appear otherwise.
There can be 3 reasons because you cannot reply to question/posts in Tumblr.
when the little blue notification shoes up just copy at paste it & publish as a text post