Though Tumblr does have an option to import feeds directly to your posts, it certainly becomes restrictive when you can’t place them anywhere else in your layout
Moreover, I bet you have tried countless times to export your Facebook Status feed/rss to Tumblr without much success, being that finding a stable Facebook feed url is not possible. With this tutorial, you will first learn how to create your own Facebook Status feed url and then export it and add it as a box in your Tumblr Sidebar.
You can think of this as a custom Facebook Widget for Tumblr (bear in mind that a status box is not a facebook like box, follow the link for that other tutorial).
How To Add a Facebook Status Box to Your Tumblr Sidebar.
- First of All, we’ll have to install the Facebook Status Export app. With this app, you will be able to have a stable Facebook Feed url, and not only export it to Tumblr, but other social sites like Twitter or Google Buzz. After installing the facebook feed app, copy and paste the url that the app gives you, we will use it later.
- Now, you have to create an account with WidgetBox, This website allows you to create custom widgets and gives you the code to embed them.
- Once registered and logged in WidgetBox, go here and click on the Facebook Icon. After that click on Basic (pro widgets are only available at a certain price). Paste the Facebook Status url you have previously saved and click on Make Widget.
- Now with the customization step. You can modify the look and feel, the gallery details. I do suggest you fill in the facebook widget default name and put at least one tag (in gallery details). Otherwise the screen will tell you to do so. After you are finished with that scroll all the way and click on Save Blidget (if you can’t see the save blidget button, you must click on cancel demo to go back to the basic widget). Finally you must agree with the terms and conditions.
- After that you will be taken to another screen where you can add some extra customization to the widget, click on the Get Widget button and copy the script/code that shows up.
- Now that you have the script, paste it within your sidebar, without breaking any section or div inside.
That’s it, you have your own Facebook Status Box in your Tumblr Sidebar. If you have further questions regarding this Tumblr Facebook integration tutorial just leave a comment.